Monday, November 25, 2013

Love, and a short letter


November 24, Sunday


Hi Everyone!

I had an unusual amount of stress this week, and I’m pretty sure it was all caused by my knowledge that I had a talk to prepare for sacrament meeting.  Last week at church Elder Black was quicker than me to sit down and become occupied with something else when we saw a member of the bishopric approach, so I got to speak today.  My talk was as immaculate and eloquent as could be expected of a talk written the hour before sacrament meeting, but the on-the-spot translation into Chinese destroyed any coherency that had survived the translation from mental panic to a written outline.  Nevertheless, I received a few complements from members about how clearly I spoke.  I sat down after I finished speaking and felt all my stress drain away. 

I learned a lot about just how refreshing the Sabbath can be today.  I really felt it bring a lot of peace into all my activities as I centered my thoughts on Christ.  Even though today didn’t feel especially restful, since we had so many lessons to prepare and teach.  I really do feel recharged and ready for a new week.  I’m so glad that I’m already used to Sunday activities that help me keep the Sabbath day holy.  So many people here are shocked by this commandment – they didn’t realize that it brings great blessings, and they find it very hard to consistently keep.  I know there really are great blessings associated with keeping the Sabbath day holy, and I see them so abundantly here.

Love,
Brennan

P.S. I learned one more thing:  don’t accidentally give a contact homework to read 3 Nephi 3:7.

November 25, Monday
I just went biking in Pulau Ubin today, Monday. (drat.. I had no camera with me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment