Thursday, April 9, 2015

Miniscule Miracles



6 April 2015
Hi Family!
I looked at the pictures from this week, and I can tell that there were lots of adventures!!  I haven't read all the mail you've sent me yet, but I'm really looking forward to reading it!  Thank you so much for just being so great!  From your pictures, (and from living with you all forever,) I can tell you all get along well, are really helpful, know how to work hard, and still have fun with each other.  I like you guys!
I don't know what's gotten into me lately, but it just seems like I have nothing interesting to share with you anymore.  I'm racking my brain, but it still seems like nothing happened this week.  I know it's not true, though.  I've seen more and more miracles as my mission goes on, including several this week.  All my recent miracles are miniscule, but they help build up my testimony and help me to remember and rely on the Lord.  I'll share a couple of them here:

I was surprised by how much the Spirit spoke to me and many other missionaries at MLC, and I strove to listen more carefully for the Holy Ghost's promptings throughout the rest of the week. I noticed several times when I was prompted to say something to my companion that I didn't want to say at first, but as I let the words come out of my mouth, we counseled together, and found solutions to problems that we wouldn't have arrived at any other way. My faith was definitely strengthened as I learned to trust that the Lord is much wiser than I am and that I need to say what He wants me to say, even if I can't see how it would help my situation at all.

One investigator, who is looking forward to being baptized before the end of this transfer, has been unable to meet with us for a few weeks because of his work. Just last week, he resigned from his job, for several reasons. As we met with him in his new-found free time and taught him about the guiding voice of the Holy Ghost in his life, he began to recognize times he's felt the Spirit speaking to him. He said that he now knows he followed a spiritual prompting to quit his job. A couple of days after that lesson with him, he followed a prompting to come to church even though he knew it would be hard that morning. He had a good time, felt the Spirit even more strongly, and has been in a great mood ever since then. I know that the Spirit is working in his heart because of his desire to follow Christ, and has been providing him with miracles as he's followed subtle promptings with a sincere heart.
Is it true that there's going to be a temple built in Bangkok?  This will be a HUGE deal for all the Singaporean and Malaysian saints!  This will allow many members to drive to the temple!  There are many members who are unable to go to Hong Kong or the Philippines, but they will be able to get to Thailand a little more easily.  I think Asia really needed this.  I'm so happy!!

How did you like General Conference?  I'm SO looking forward to it!  I can't wait to hear what the prophets have to say!  I haven't been so excited for something in the last 6 months!  What were your favorite parts?  What kind of direction or personal/family revelation did you receive as you listened to and thought about what was taught?  I'll let you know what I liked best when I email again next week, and I'd love to learn from your insights as well!
Pray for me and Elder Mitchell as we [frantically] prepare our zone training for Zone Meeting tomorrow.  We'll be studying chapter 11 of Preach My Gospel as a mission this month.  Tomorrow, we'll be looking at how Jesus Christ lived the principles we find in that chapter as He faced some of the same challenges as we do in missionary work.
Well, I've got to send pictures to you now or never.  Until next week!
Love and prayers always!!
Brennan

Photos:
The baptism of an awesome 8-year-old convert in the JB Branch!

One of our better lessons at the church, with a lot of fun props:)

My attempt at a selfie at MLC in Singapore this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment