Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Short happy letter - lots of pictures



Hi Family,
Okay, apparently we are going spelunking (or caving, if it's not actually as cool as spelunking or if there's a technical difference) in only a few minutes.  I don't have very much time to email.  Ipoh is great, but there's so much going on that wants to eat up my email time!  I've got fresh batteries in my camera, so you'll get to see next week where I go today.
I'll just give you the highlights of my week:

We had a record number of investigators at church on Sunday, and they all said that they are interested to meet with us again and learn more about the gospel!  Yaaay!  I'm so happy for them, and I can't wait to get back from Singapore this week so we can meet them!

(Oh, Zone conference is this week, so I'll be in Singapore Wednesday through Friday.  I'm really looking forward to seeing old friends and companions and to be uplifted and inspired and receive new revelation for my area.  I'm also excited to pick up a Christmas package! :)

We worked really hard to invite members to tell us about their friends that could be interested in learning about Jesus Christ, as well as helping them come to lessons with us this past week.  We did a lot of calling, biking, walking, knocking, talking, and teaching. (and eating.  Wholly Cow, I can't believe how much people feed us here!)  Right now, it's all just a blur.  I don't know what to tell you exactly.  I just know that missionary work is not easy, but it is completely worthwhile, and is very rewarding.  As my faith in the Lord grows ever stronger and as I slowly begin to see the bigger picture of my purpose as a missionary, I'm so thankful that I have this opportunity and priviledge.  I know that God knows me personally, and has a plan for me, which He will help me to fulfill if I turn my will over to Him.  I know that this is true for each and every one of us, as well.

I love you, too!  It's great to hear from you again and see your pictures.  (Thanks especially for the ones from pack meeting with the nametags!)
Love,
Brennan

Photos:
Elder Li and a Sikh temple.


Someone we didn't expect to see walking the streets.


Our District at the church.  Sister Carson, Sister Kelley, Elder Lallemant, Elder Stanford, Elder Li, Elder Me.


Our Family History Openhouse week:  A famous collection of old photos of Ipoh was brought for display inside the church, along with presentations and pedigree charts prepared by our members, to introduce people to the church and family history work.  A cool idea!


The district (minus me) eating at my new favorite restaurant in Ipoh.  Did I tell you about the place last week? We went to this little hole in the wall place that had really good burgers and, wait for it... Gelato!  But they were out of gelato that day.  We went with the awesome church members that you see in the pictures.


The burgers came with this big serrated knife stuck through them, instead of toothpicks.


This was an experiment with vertical panorama in that burger place. It looks like a page out of an I SPY book.




Elder Stanford and I went on exchanges together this week.
  




No comments:

Post a Comment